Monday, April 12, 2010

Where do I begin? We are FAT.

Seriously. At least chubby.

I want those of you that have known us for a long time to think back to high school Ryan and Callie.... back to the days when size two jeans were almost too big on me and Ryan only had one chin. It seems like so long ago... to be more specific, 4 years of college and a baby ago.

We both care about our weight, but let's face it... we love booze and food too much (note that booze came before food). Working 49 hours a week leaves little time to exercise, and gym memberships are expensive and a hassle to get to after work with a 3 year old in tow.

Ryan recently bought Insanity which is a program by BeachBody, the makers of P90X, Turbo Jam, and all those other fun DVD's you see on the infomercials that make you feel like a lard ass. He told me that we were going to do it together once I finally moved to Houston. I laughed a little as I thought back to all the failed programs I tried and never stuck to. (Yoga Booty Ballet, do you remember me??) I blew him off and said he could go ahead and do it but there was no way I could stick to anything like that for a week, a month, much less 60 days. I watched the previews for it and these people look exactly like what the program is called... INSANE. It is 45 minutes of heart pumping fast paced punching and kicking and squatting and sweating all over the place. No fun. At all.

Fast forward to today. None of my clothes fit. It's hot outside. I get an email from my Father-in-Law saying he's booked our beach house for our annual summer trip to New England. I have to wear a BIKINI here very soon, and this extra pudge has GOT to go.

I know all my girlfriends are screaming at me through the computer screen right now... "you could NEVER be fat Callie!!" "you are sooooo skinny, shut your face"

Well my friends, it's photo time. I cannot believe I will be sharing these with the world but I've finally come to a point in time where I just want to see what possible changes I could make to my body if I stuck to one of these beachbody programs for as long as I'm supposed to. Before pictures are in order.

For the next two months, I will be posting workout updates, as well as food logs and 30/60 day photo updates. Our plan is to stick to the workout, eat healthier (as healthy as you can in the city with the best food EVER), and see how everything turns out. The blog I feel will also help us stay accountable, so here we go!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment